On the COVID-19 and Precautionary Measures
With the recent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Germany, the Philippine Embassy reiterates its earlier advice to Filipino nationals to observe the following:
1. Read regular updates from German Government agencies and international bodies like the World Health Organization (WHO) on the COVID-19 situation worldwide and in Germany.
2. Observe regular hygiene such as washing hands thoroughly and regularly.
3. Dispose of waste material in a safe and sanitary manner.
4. Use facial masks when necessary such as when you are suffering from cough and colds or are taking care of a person suffering from illness.
5. Observe proper respiratory hygiene by ensuring your places of work and rest have proper ventilation.
6. Ensure that your work area is clean and sanitized on a regular basis.
7. Avoid unnecessary exposure to crowded areas.
8. Before traveling, check updates on travel bans and advisories to different areas and countries.
9. If traveling and you experience symptoms of COVID-19 alert the responsible staff member in your means of transportation.
10. Call the Health Department for assessment if you are experiencing some COVID-19 symptoms, OR, if you have been in any of the risk areas in the last 14 days, or have been in contact either with a person from the risk areas or with a confirmed COVID-19 case. If you are experiencing severe symptoms, call the Emergency Services. Advance notice should be given that COVID-19 is a possibility. Be sure to disclose any relevant medical information when consulting with emergency services and medical professionals.
Berlin, 27 February 2020