Solemnization of Marriage Between Two Filipinos
The Embassy may only solemnize the marriage between two Filipino citizens who are both eligible for marriage under Philippine law.
Both the bride and the groom must personally appear at the Philippine Embassy to accomplish and sign the Application for Marriage License and submit the documentary requirements.
The ceremony of marriage solemnization will be set on a date after the mandatory ten-day publication of the marriage banns, following the completion of the submission of documentary requirements at the Embassy.
The contracting parties must also provide two witnesses who are both aged 21 years or older, and will attend the marriage ceremony and sign as witnesses in the Contract of Marriage.
Requirements for the Solemnization of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy
The original and photocopy of each document must be submitted to the Embassy upon application for marriage license. The original documents will be returned to the contracting parties after the solemnization of marriage.
- Duly-accomplished Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (Ehefähigkeitszeugnis) and Application for Marriage Licence (to be obtained from the Embassy)
- Publication of the marriage banns for ten (10) consecutive days
- Certificate of Live Birth issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly NSO), with the DFA Apostille Certificate, of both bride and groom
- Certificate of No Record of Previous Marriage (CENOMAR) issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly NSO), with the DFA Apostille Certificate, of both bride and groom
- Photocopy of the Philippine passport of both bride and groom
- Photocopy of the passports of the two (2) principal witnesses
- Payment of Fees (see below)
For the downloadable list, please visit: Requirements for Marriage to be Solemnized at the Philippine Embassy (PDF)
Additional Requirements for Special Cases
- For a contracting party who had a previous marriage annulled: The amended PSA Marriage Certificate with the annotation on annulment, with the DFA Apostille Certificate
- For a contracting party who had a previous marriage dissolved by a Philippine Court/ Judicial recognition of divorce: The amended PSA Marriage Certificate with an annotation on the annulment, with the DFA Apostille Certificate. Please see: Judicial Confirmation and Annotation of Foreign Divorce Judgments/Decrees in Philippine Civil Registry Records for complete information and requirements.
- For a contracting party whose marriage was dissolved by a foreign court: The amended PSA Marriage Certificate with an annotation on the judicial recognition of the divorce decree, with the DFA Apostille Certificate
- For a contracting party who is a widow or widower: The PSA-issued Death Certificate of the deceased spouse, with the DFA Apostille Certificate
- For a contracting party who is 18 years old but below 21 years of age: A duly-notarized Affidavit of Consent executed by the parents of the contracting party
- For a contracting party who is 21 to 25 years of age: The duly-notarized written parental advice of the parents of the contracting party
- For contracting parties who are between 18 to 25 years of age: A marriage counselling certificate, stating that the parties have undergone marriage counselling, a requirement of Article 16 of the Family Code
Please note that upon filing of the Affidavit of Sworn Statement for LCCM and the filing of marriage license, a Marriage Banns will be posted for ten (10) consecutive days at the Consular Section of the Embassy. A marriage may be solemnized after the ten-day posting period, provided that, the Embassy has not received any adverse information/objection during the posting of Marriage Banns.
The contracting parties may request a preferred date for the wedding ceremony but the Embassy reserves the right to provide a different date/time, as may be necessary.
- EUR 27,50 – Affidavit of Sworn Statement in Application for a Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (per person; or EUR 55,00 for both parties)
- EUR 27,50 – Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (per person; Euro 55.00 for both parties)
- EUR 27,50 – Application for a Marriage License (per person; Euro 55.00 for both parties)
- EUR 27,50 – Marriage License
Total: EUR 192,50
On the day of marriage:
- EUR 66,00 – Solemnization of Marriage
- EUR 27,50 – Report of Marriage
Total: EUR 93,50