The Philippine Embassy, through its consular section, performs authentication/notarization for documents that are to be used in the Philippines. Please be informed that the documents can be handed in personally or sent to us by post.
They do need to undergo a so called chain authentication (Vienna Convention, 1963) which requires the documents to be pre-authenticated before they are sent/given to us.
Overview of Chain Authentication
- No express processing will be entertained for authentication or notarization of professional labor or employment contracts and manpower agreements.
- Incomplete or incorrect documents may be sent back
- Applicants must submit the original document together with one (1) photocopy for the Embassy’s file
- Kindly inquire with the Honorary Consulates if express processing is possible.
Once the documents have been pre-authenticated and can be authenticated by us, the following steps need to be taken:
If sending the documents by post, please follow the below procedures:
- Submit the document via email – Send scanned copies of the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-assessment.
- The Embassy assesses the completeness of the emailed submission
- Mail your documents to the Embassy – Once the emailed documents have been determined to be complete and in order by the Consular Officer, the informant/applicant will be instructed to mail the documents to:
- Embassy of the Philippines
Luisenstraße 16, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- You must include proof of payment (Überweisungsbeleg) of €22.50 per document, one (1) photocopy for the Embassy’s file, and a self-addressed envelope with €4.05 Deutsche post stamps or a pre-paid envelope, preferably from a private courier service (e.g. UPS Standard, DHL Expresseasy) that will be used to send back your documents.
Note: The Embassy assumes no liability for any loss of documents once they have been handed over to the German Post Office / courier service.
- Embassy of the Philippines
If you are submitting the documents personally, please arrange an appointment here and provide the following:
- Payment of €22.50 in cash per document
- One (1) photocopy for the Embassy’s file
- Self-addressed return envelope with EUR 4,05 postal stamps that will be used to send back your documents
- For Special Power of Attorney, Affidavit, and Au Pair Contract signatories should bring 2 copies of their passports.
Express processing: If an applicant will apply PERSONALLY at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin, you pay an additional fee of €9.00 (per document), so that the said document for authentication or notarization may be processed and released ON THE NEXT WORKING DAY. Applicants may consider coming back to the Embassy to personally receive the document or have it mailed back to them.
Due to the increased workload, we regret that express processing CANNOT BE DONE ON THE SAME DAY.
Regular processing: For regular processing, applicants may return to the Embassy to claim the processed document after 5 working days or have it mailed back to them by providing a self-addressed prepaid or stamped envelope.
Information for Authentication of Employment Contract, Recruitment Agreement, Job Order and Man Power Request
NBI CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Personal Appearance
- Duly accomplished NBI Form (not available online)
- Two (2) passport size photos with white background
- Valid Passport or ‘Ausweis’
- Fee €22,50
According to NBI, applicants who have previously issued NBI clearances (from 2014 onwards) can now renew their NBI clearance without the need of accomplishing new NBI fingerprint form No. 5 (provided that there have been no changes to their personal data).
The accomplished NBI form duly certified by the Consul has to be sent by the applicant himself/herself directly to the National Bureau of Investigation in Manila for the issuance of the clearance.
Further Documents for Authentication
Download forms below (click to view each PDF in your browser):
Bank Details of the Philippine Embassy in Berlin
(Use this account for transactions done in Berlin only)
Name: Philippinische Botschaft
IBAN: DE 83 380 700 590 1950229 00
BIC: DEUT DE DK380
Please be advised that the Embassy follows the “NO REFUND POLICY “ on fees paid by applicants for actual services rendered by the Embassy. “Actual services rendered” include, but are not limited to, services rendered from receipt of documents for review by the Consular Officer or, in case of payment, from the time of its receipt, and not merely restricted to the issuance of document. Fees for unserviced applications/applications no longer pursued are non-refundable.