REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
PERIOD OF FILING OF APPLICATION. – Applications for Registration/Certification transfer of registration records, change of name due to marriage or court order/correction of entries in the Voter’s Registration Record, reactivation, and change of address may be filed from December 16, 2019 to September 30,2021 local time of the host country.
For purposes of Application for Transfer from Post to Philippine Municipality/City/District, the period of filing is from December 16, 2019 to August 31, 2021.
WHO MAY REGISTER. – All citizens of the Philippines, who are abroad or will be abroad during the thirty (30) day voting period, at least eighteen (18) years of age on the day of the elections and not otherwise disqualified by law, may register.
WHO MAY NOT REGISTER. – The following shall be disqualified from registering:
- Those who have lost their Filipino citizenship in accordance with Philippine laws;
- Those who have expressly renounced their Philippine citizenship or who have pledged allegiance to a foreign country; except dual citizens as referred to under R.A. No. 9225, otherwise known as “The Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act of 2003′;
- Those who have committed and are convicted in a final judgment by a court or tribunal of an offense punishable by imprisonment of not less than one (1) year, such disability not having been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty; Provided, however, That any person disqualified to register under this subsection shall automatically acquire the right to vote upon expiration of five (5) years after service of sentence;
- Any citizen of the Philippines abroad previously declared insane or incompetent by competent authority in the Philippines or abroad, as verified by the Philippine embassies, consulates or Foreign Service establishments concerned, unless such competent authority subsequently certifies that such person is no longer insane or incompetent.
WHERE TO FILE THE APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION – Applications may be filed at any Post abroad or at designated registration centers outside the Post or in the designated registration centers in the Philippines as approved by the Commission.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FILING AN APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION. – Every applicant shall accomplish OVF No. 1 and submit the following:
- A valid Philippine Passport (bring also one (1) photocopy of the data page of the Passport);
- If you are a Seafarer: a photocopy of your Seaman’s Book or any other document that will prove that you are a seafarer should also be submitted in addition to “1” and “2” above;
- If you are a Dual Citizen: please submit your Dual Citizenship certificate (original and photocopy) in addition to “1” and “2” above.
- Personal appearance is required, since the registrant will need to provide biometrics at the Embassy’s consular section between 1PM – 3PM, Monday-Friday (Except Philippine and German Holidays)