The Philippine Embassy Berlin performs civil registry services. Births, marriages, and deaths of Filipino citizens abroad must be reported and duly registered. We register births, marriages celebrated in, and deaths of Filipino citizens in the German states under the Embassy’s jurisdiction (BERLIN, BRANDENBURG, HAMBURG, BREMEN, SAXONY, LOWER SAXONY, SAXONY-ANHALT, SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN, AND MECKLENBURG-VORPOMMEN).
What is civil registration?
It is a continuous, permanent and compulsory recording of vital events occurring in the life of an individual such as birth, marriage, and death, as well as court decrees, and legal instruments affecting his civil status in appropriate registers as mandated by Act No. 3753, the Civil Registry Law.
What are the uses of Civil Registry Documents?
Basically, there are two uses:
- These establish the occurrence of birth, death, or marriage and therefore provide prima facie evidence of facts surrounding these events. Birth records present many facts about an individual such as the person’s name, date and place of birth, parents, religion, and citizenship, among others. The marriage certificate establishes a change in civil status and the legal spouse while the death certificate records the passing away of an individual. These records are important in legal and personal transactions, applying for jobs, obtaining passports for travel, entrance to school, claiming insurance benefits, and others.
- These records provide data on the number of births, deaths, marriages, fetal deaths, adoptions, and the like, which in turn are essential in development planning.
PROCEDURES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
IMPORTANT: APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO FIRST SEND AN ADVANCE COPY OF THE COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS VIA EMAIL SO THAT THE EMBASSY CAN CHECK THE CORRECTNESS OF THE ENTRIES IN THE APPLICATION FORM BEFORE SENDING IT TO THE GERMAN NOTAR AND/OR LANDGERICHT FOR NOTARIZATION.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE TYPEWRITTEN OR PRINTED LEGIBLY IN BLACK INK
- ALL DOCUMENTS IN GERMAN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH AN ENGLISH TRANSLATION. International versions of German civil registry documents with built-in English translation are preferred.
- ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS COMING FROM THE PHILIPPINES should be issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA formerly known as National Statistics Office (NSO)) and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Manila.
- SUBMIT THE APPLICATION VIA EMAIL – Send one (1) copy of the duly filled-out application form and documentary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-assessment.
- THE EMBASSY ASSESSES THE COMPLETENESS OF THE EMAILED SUBMISSION
- APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED OF CORRECTIONS (if necessary) AND WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO PROCEED WITH THE NOTARIZATION OF THE APPLICATION FORM.
- MAIL THE APPLICATION PACKET TO THE EMBASSY – Once the emailed documents have been determined to be complete and in order by the Consular Officer, the informant/applicant will be instructed to mail the Application packet to:
- Embassy of the Philippines
Civil Registry Unit
Luisenstraße 16, 10117 Berlin Germany
- Embassy of the Philippines
- Every application must include a SELF-ADDRESSED RETURN ENVELOPE with €4,05 postage stamps for registered mail Einschreiben (to mail back the documents after processing) Important: The Embassy assumes no liability for any loss of documents once they have been handed over to the German Post Office / courier service.
- If applying with the Embassy by mail, please PAY THE FEES VIA BANK TRANSFER. Send the EXACT amount and enclose a copy of the proof of payment (Überweisungsbeleg). If applying with the Honorary Consular Posts, please use their own bank details.
Note: Fees paid by bank transfer cannot be refunded by the Philippine Embassy in Berlin
GET PSA AUTHENTICATED COPY OF YOUR CIVIL REGISTRY DOCUMENT ONLINE – You may request PSA-authenticated copy of the ROB, ROM, or ROD after 4 to 8 months from the date of reporting at https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph. To complete the online transaction, you will need the transmittal details (Reference Number, Despatch Number, Despatch Date and Transmittal Date) which can be obtained from the DFA Manila’s Consular Records Division with email email@example.com.
Report of Birth
Report of Marriage
Report of Death
Further Civil Registry Documents
Bank Details of the Philippine Embassy in Berlin
(Use this account for transactions done in Berlin only)
Name: Philippinische Botschaft
IBAN: DE 83 380 700 590 1950229 00
BIC: DEUT DE DK380
Please be advised that the Embassy follows the “NO REFUND POLICY “ on fees paid by applicants for actual services rendered by the Embassy. “Actual services rendered” include, but are not limited to, services rendered from receipt of documents for review by the Consular Officer or, in case of payment, from the time of its receipt, and not merely restricted to the issuance of document. Fees for unserviced applications/applications no longer pursued are non-refundable.