Visa Application Process and Requirements
- Submission of visa application is strongly advised at least a month before the expected date of travel to the Philippines.
- Processing of the visa takes five (5) to ten (10) working days, depending on the visa applied for and the applicant ‘s nationality. Some applications may require a longer period for evaluation and must wait for approval from the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila.
- Visa applicants are strongly advised to finalize their flight booking only after the visa is granted. The Embassy will not expedite the visa processing to accommodate the applicant’s flight schedule.
- Please note that NO REFUND of the visa application fee can be made for whatever reason.
All travellers to the Philippines are required to register at https://etravel.gov.ph at least 72 hours before their arrival. Travelers need to present their eTravel QR code prior to flight boarding. Registration is FREE OF CHARGE.
For the latest information on entry, testing and quarantine protocols please check the IATF website.
As of 22 July 2023, no COVID-19 test or vaccination requirement when traveling to the Philippines.
APPLYING FOR A VISA
Applying for a Philippine visa will require that the applicant’s passport be valid for six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines. The Philippine Embassy will only accept electronic passports and machine readable passports for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports or hand-scripted passports will not be accepted for visa applications. The Visa Officer has the right to ask for any additional documents that may be deemed necessary.
All 9(a) Visa Applications must be lodged online at the Online Visa Application System. Before you proceed with your application, ensure that you have access to a printer as well as a scanner and/or a camera. The Online Visa Application System will require you to print, sign, and upload your application form, together with an ID photo and photocopy of your passport.
DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
Documentary requirements vary depending on the type of visa. Check which visa type applies to your travel. Note that the Visa Officer has the right to ask for any additional documents that may be deemed necessary.
- 9(A) – Temporary Visitors – According to Visa Types
- 9(B) – Transient
- 9(C) – Seafarers and Crew List
- 9(D) – International Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors
- 9(E) – Foreign Government Officials
- 9(F) – Student
- 9(G) – Pre-arranged employees / Missionary
- 47(A)(2) with Authority from Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) by Virtue of Endorsement from DOJ or PNVSCA
- 13(A) – For spouses of Filipino national
- 13(G) – For natural-born Filipino who has been naturalized in a foreign country
- SRRV – Special Resident Retiree Visa
- SINGLE ENTRY – Traveler must enter the Philippines within three (3) months from the date of the visa’s issuance. Maximum allowable stay is fifty-nine (59) days.
- MULTIPLE ENTRY – Traveler must enter the Philippines within six (6) or twelve (12) months from the date of the visa’s issuance. Maximum allowable stay is fifty-nine (59) days per trip.
NOTE: The authorized maximum period of stay granted by the Philippine Embassy to all temporary visitor’s visa applicants is fifty-nine (59) days. For those who wish to extend beyond fifty-nine (59) days, the foreign national must apply for a visa extension at the nearest Immigration Office at least one week prior to the expiration of the valid stay.
The visa fee depends on the type of visa, the number of entries requested, and the applicant’s nationality.
The visa fee excludes the express processing fee or legalization fee for documents that certain application might require.
- 9(a) Temporary Visitors
- Single entry – € 33.00
- Multiple entry (six months) – € 66.00
- Multiple entry (twelve months) – € 99.00
- 9(a) (Visa required)
- Single Entry – € 44.00
- Multiple entry (six months) – € 88.00
- Multiple entry (visa required – twelve months) – € 132.00
- 9(a) (Chinese Nationals)
- Single entry – € 27.50
- Multiple entry (three (3) months) – € 55.00
- Multiple entry (six (6) months) – € 110.00
- 9(c) Seafarer – € 22.00
- 9(c) Crew List (below 40) – € 110.00
- 9(g) Pre-arranged Employee / Missionary – € 440.00
- 13(a) / 13 (g) Non-Quota Immigrant – € 165.00
- Quota Immigrant – € 176.00
Please visit http://philippine-embassy.de/schedule-of-consular-service-fees/ for the complete list of fees.
For applications submitted in person, visa fee must be paid in cash. Please ensure that you have sent a scanned copy of your documents and have been given the appointment by email prior to coming to the Embassy.
If submitting visa application by post or courier service, please make sure that you have sent your documents by email and have been informed to proceed with the mailing. You will be required to include a copy of the proof of payment (Überweisungsbeleg) along with the other documents.
Please note that NO REFUND of the visa application fee will be made if the application is denied or the visa is approved after the applicant’s scheduled departure date.
- FA Form No. 2 – Application Form for Non-Immigrant Visa (except 9(a) visa)
- FA form No. 3 – Application for Immigrant Visa
- FA form No. 11 – Medical Examination form
- FA form No. 61 – Crew List Visa Form
- IPC Press Accreditation Form
- Affidavit of Support and Consent for WEG
- Affidavit of Support and Guarantee