Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
PHILIPPINE OVERSEAS LABOR OFFICE
18 January 2021
Extension of DOLE-AKAP Funds and Applications
The Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Berlin is pleased to announce that Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, and The Netherlands may still apply for Abot-Kamay and Pagtulong (AKAP), a one-time financial assistance being implemented by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) amounting to USD 200 or its equivalent in Euro, for OFWs displaced from their employment due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Coverage and Eligibility
The following land- and sea-based OFWs on-site are qualified to avail of the DOLE-AKAP, to wit:
- Regular/documented OFW
- Qualified undocumented OFW (a worker who has no legal status in the host country but is an ACTIVE or INACTIVE member of OWWA)
The OFW should:
- Have experienced job displacement due to COVID-19 starting 01 March 2020;
- Have not received or is not entitled to receive financial aid from his/her employer or from the government of the host country; or
- Have not received financial assistance from OWWA as a COVID-19 positive OFW.
The following documents shall be accomplished/submitted through the DOLE-AKAP online application (https://forms.gle/XAskkuEBAvkr563dA) of POLO Berlin:
- Completely filled in DOLE-AKAP online application form;
- Copy of valid passport;
- Copy of work visa/permit or any proof of overseas employment; and
- Proof of loss of employment due to COVID-19 (e.g. notice of termination or certification from employer [see attached sample]).
For clarifications and other inquiries, you may contact us at email@example.com
 Per extension of the effectivity of Republic Act Nos. 11465 (General Appropriations Act of FY 2020) and 11465 (Bayanihan to Recover as One Act).