ATTENTION: FILIPINO INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS OVERSEAS
YOU MAY BE THE NEXT 2016 PRESIDENTIAL AWARDEES!
The Philippine Embassy in Berlin is pleased to inform the public that the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) has opened nominations for the 2016 Presidential Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas.
These awards are conferred by the President of the Philippines every two years on meritorious individuals and organizations in highest recognition of their work in the service of the Filipino community or nation, and for exceptional achievements or excellence in the pursuit of their endeavors.
There are four (4) categories of awards to be conferred on Filipino individuals and organizations overseas:
LINGKOD SA KAPWA PILIPINO (LINKAPIL) AWARD
This award is conferred on Filipino individuals or organizations for their exceptional or significant contribution to reconstruction, progress and development in the Philippines.
This award is conferred on Filipino individuals or organizations for their significant contribution to advance the cause or promote the interests of overseas Filipino communities.
KAANIB NG BAYAN AWARD
This award is conferred on foreign individuals or organizations for their exceptional or significant contribution to Philippine reconstruction, progress and development, or to advance the cause or promote the interests of overseas Filipino communities.
PAMANA NG PILIPINO AWARD
This award is conferred on Filipinos overseas, who, in exemplifying the talent and industry of the Filipino, have brought the country honor and recognition through excellence and distinction in the pursuit of their work or profession.
The following requirements are needed for applications to be considered:
- Nominations must be made on the prescribed form and submitted together with supporting documents. All submissions must be written in, or translated into English or Filipino.
- The Nomination Form must be completed and should accordingly include all required information, particularly a summary of the work or relevant contribution of the individual or organization being nominated.
- The contribution of the nominee should be specifically described, whether personal or professional service, material or financial contribution, or technology, skill or know-how that has proven to be recognized or beneficial (Please indicate estimated value, if the contribution is monetary or material).
- The submission should include qualitative and/or quantitative information to describe the outcome or impact of the nominee’s contribution to the beneficiaries, community, or the nominee’s own profession, or the country.
- The duly completed Endorsement Form completed by the Post’s Awards Committee.
The Presidential Awards program serves to reassure Filipinos that the Philippines continues to welcome and encourage their further participation in the country’s development as well as engage them in cultivating a strong and vibrant overseas Filipino community.
To download needed forms for the Presidential Awards, please click on this link – Presidential Awards Primer.
The Philippine Embassy will only receive applications with original documents until 15 May 2016 by mail. This is to give ample time to review the requirements and still make it to CFO´s deadline on 31 May 2016.
For more information regarding the Presidential Awards, you may reach the Awards Secretariat at tel. nos.: (632) 552-4700 locals 761-767; fax no.: (632) 561-8160 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.