The Board of Foreign Service Examinations will hold the Qualifying Test for the 2018 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examinations on 28 January 2018.
For those who are interested, the following are guidelines for the submission of completed application forms:
- Application forms should be printed in ;
- Applicant should be a Filipino citizen and a permanent resident of the Philippines;
- Applicant should be a holder of at least a four (4) year bachelor’s degree or higher. Submission of relevant evidence, i.e. transcript of records, and either the diploma or certificate of graduation is required;
- Applicant should have undergone employment or undertaken further studies for two (2) years after graduating from college or university;
- If married to a foreigner, the applicant must secure from the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, through the Board of Foreign Service Examinations, the authority to take the FSO Examinations; and
- If applicant has dual or multiple citizenships, he/she should submit a notarized affidavit stating that upon passing the examinations, he/she intends to renounce his/her allegiance to all of his/her other countries of citizenship; and, he/she must also submit a notarized affidavit stating that he/she is a permanent resident in the Philippines.
Application forms can be downloaded from the DFA website www.dfa.gov.ph.
A non-refundable fee of Php500.00 (or €8.86 or US$9.84) must be paid by the applicant for the application.
The final determination of the applicant’s eligibility to take the Qualifying Test rests on the Board of Foreign Service Examinations (BFSE) of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Manila.
The deadline for submission of completed application forms is on 01 December 2017. Applicants are advised that incomplete requirements will not be accepted.
For further information, please contact the Board Secretariat through telephone numbers +63 2 834 3080/+63 2 834 3083/+63 2 834 4925 or by email at email@example.com END.