Gradual Resumption of Consular Operations on Monday, 11 May 2020
In view of the announcement of the German Federal Government on the gradual easing of COVID-19 related restrictions in Germany, the Philippine Embassy will partially resume consular operations starting 11 May 2020.
For health and safety precautions, the Embassy shall temporarily adopt the following measures: accept consular applicants on “appointment basis”, limit the number of applicants per day, reduce the number of opening hours to the public, and accept only mailed-in applications for certain services.
Due to the German government’s on-going recommendation to limit regional and international travel to prevent the transmission and spread of the COVID pandemic, and because of the limited appointment capacity and logistical challenges, until normal operations resume, the Embassy will extend its appointment for consular services solely for clients residing in the Federal States under the Embassy’s jurisdiction: Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Bremen, Saxony, Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein, and Mecklenburg-Vorpommen.
Those residing in the Federal States of States of Hesse, North Rhine Westphalia, Baden-Württemberg, Rhineland Palatinate, Saarland, Thuringia and Bavaria are advised to directly inquire with the Philippine Consulate General in Frankfurt am Main. Those residing outside Germany are advised to contact the Philippine Embassy which has jurisdiction over them.
A. Consular Services to be applied for in Person, by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Consular Section will accept applicants from 10:00 am up to 1:00 pm, Monday-Wednesday-Friday (MWF), except on holidays, for these services:
1. Passports (first time application/ and renewal); and/or extension of passport validity;
2. Travel Document – for one-way travel to the Philippines
3. Acknowledgement of Special Power of Attorney, Affidavits
4. NBI Clearance – According to NBI, applicants who have previously issued NBI clearances (from 2014 onwards) can now renew their NBI clearance without the need of accomplishing new NBI fingerprint form No. 5 (provided that there have been no changes to their personal data).
Please access the Online Appointment menu of the Philippine Embassy-Berlin website to Submit a Request for Appointment to apply for the above services, or click this link: http://philippine-embassy.de/consular-appointment.
B. Consular Services to be applied for by MAIL ONLY
• Report of Birth, Report of Marriage, Report of Death
• Authentication of Documents duly notarized/ legalized in host country
Please check the Embassy’s website for instructions for mailed-in services and the documentary requirements for the above-mentioned consular services. http://philippine-embassy.de/application-by-mail/
C. Visa Services: Suspended. The suspension of visa issuance and visa-free privileges for foreigners to enter the Philippines is still in effect, until further notice.
D. Employment Contracts and Related Documents: Please refer to the Embassy website under “Guidelines for the Hiring of Skilled Workers”. For further inquiries, the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) of the Philippine Embassy can be reached at:
Mobile number (WhatsApp/Viber): +49 152 3765 7614; +49 176 6151 2953.
E. For Other Services not mentioned above, or for further clarification, you can send an email to the following addresses, as appropriate:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for consular matters in general);
email@example.com (for passports);
firstname.lastname@example.org (for Reports of Marriage/Birth/Death
Emergencies, call the Consular / Assistance to Nationals Hotline: +49 173 521 5703 or +49 173 4217750 (accessible through WhatsApp/SMS)
F. ADDITIONAL MATTERS:
• All services/ documents applied for shall be released by Mail, except in emergency situations. Thus, applications should include paid self-addressed envelopes.
• We apologize for possible delays in release of documents, particularly Passports. COVI19 -related courier limitations are also causing delays in the shipment of passports from the Philippines to the different Foreign Service Posts worldwide. This situation is now being addressed by the Department of Foreign Affairs with its courier service provider.
Passport applicants, thus, will have the option to apply, at the same time, the extension of passport validity (if expiring within the year 2020) while waiting for the arrival/ release of the new passport.
The public’s understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
06 May 2020, Berlin, Germany